Our Top Specials
- Brief Evaluation
GOOD FOR: First time clients that have ‘One-body-part’ pain that would like relief using Acupuncture for Back, Knee, Shoulder, Hip, Elbow, Neck, Jaw, Headache, etc.
- Comprehensive Evaluation
- Key Lifestyle Tips
- Chinese Herbal Suggestions
GOOD FOR: First time clients with health conditions that require a comprehensive Chinese Medicine approach. E.g. Anxiety, Gut, Sleep, Energy, Gynecological, Neurological etc.
4 x 60-mins
- $50 per Treatment / Best Value
- 4 x Acupuncture Treatments
- Includes Chinese Herbal Revisions
GOOD FOR: Repeat Acupuncture Clients looking for treatments at the best value
Alex Tan L.Ac is a licensed Acupuncturist. After completing his degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Alex lived and practiced Chinese Medicine for 10-years in Beijing, China. A native-born Australian, the son of his Australian mother and Chinese father, Alex’s bi-cultural heritage helps him skillfully bridge Eastern and Western health perspectives.
Alex combines treatment with Chinese medicine based suggestions in daily rhythm, dietary therapy, Qi Gong, positive psychology combined with ancient wisdom… all uniquely customized for you and your health condition. Click here to learn more about Alex.
Alex’s Clinical Approach
Alex promotes modern health care approaches where the practitioner and client work together to achieve health and wellness. Alex provides ongoing professional assistance using treatments, information and positive interventions giving each of his clients ample time and space, guiding them to choose the best way forward. Well, what I do is:
- First take time to understand your health and wellness needs
- We assess and give advice according to the 3000-year experience of Chinese medicine
- Then, we create a health plan together and we facilitate implementation over a suitable time period
Alex believes the true power of Chinese medicine lies in a balanced approach to treatment and prevention. Combining Chinese Medicine lifestyle practices along with acupuncture, herbal medicine and body work to maximize long-term treatment outcomes. The key focus of his approach is not only to assist the healing process through treatment, but also in learning how we can live in accordance with nature to promote life and health.
Straight Bamboo Clinic accepts all major insurances including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, United Health Care, Veterans Affairs, Personal Injury and Worker’s Compensation cases.
Increasingly, health insurance companies cover the cost of acupuncture treatments. Each of these insurers offer different plans to choose from, some of which include acupuncture benefits and some of which may not, but we will help you find out if your plan covers our services.
In order to verify your insurance benefits before you arrive, please click on the link below and complete the online form. This takes a few minutes and there is no fee required for this service. I will contact you as soon as the benefits are established (within 2 business days) and we can discuss options for a personalized treatment and pricing plan.
More About Your Insurance
Once you click the Verify Insurance button above, we begin the process of verifying your insurance benefits through your insurance provider. This takes a minimum of 2 business days. Some of the answers that we will obtain for you are:
- Does your policy cover acupuncture?
- Does your coverage have any exclusions or limitations?
- Do you have in or out-of-network coverage?
- Do you have an annual deductible?
- Do you have a co-payment or co-insurance?
- Do you have an annual visit limit?
If your policy covers our treatments, we will bill your insurance provider for our services. If our services are not covered under your plan, then you will be informed of alternate payment options for future treatments during your consultation. We accept cash, check and all major credit cards. Cash patients can enjoy big savings by purchasing time of service rates. Our packages include large discounts for pre-paying for your treatments. No matter what your financial situation is, we will tailor a treatment package if your insurance policy does not cover our services. We will provide the service of verifying your insurance benefits, free of charge! Click the button above and submit your information or contact us today for more information.
Straight Bamboo Code of Ethics
- We shall act in the client’s best interest while providing health care.
- We respect the rights and dignity of all individuals and aspire to the highest level of integrity and compassion in dealing with each client.
- We strive to keep the client best informed by explaining procedures, treatments and outcomes, in knowing that open and honest communication provides the foundation for a healthy professional relationship.
- The client has the absolute right to refuse, or request additional information on, any treatment or advice.
- We listen to and respect a client’s values, opinions, needs and cultural beliefs. We seek to understand first and then be understood.
- We treat clients with a non-judgmental approach and focus on solutions that best promote balance under the Chinese Medicine premise: “when the human body is kept in harmonious balance… health and wellbeing will naturally be maintained”
- We maintain professional boundaries, keep accurate records, as well as safeguard the client’s right to confidentiality – personal & health information.
- We bill clients and third parties honestly and fairly and would never receive any personal benefits solely for referring patients or prescribing specific products.
- We honor the Oriental Medicine & Acupuncture – Arizona State & NCCAOM – Codes of Ethics.
- We strive to use our health care resources in the best way to benefit our clients as well as the community we live in.